Bengali Meaning of Quail
একটি ছোটো লেজবিশিষ্ট খয়েরী, ছোটো পাখি, যা মাঝেমাঝে খাবার হিসেবে খাওয়া হয় বা খেলা হিসেবে বা এর মাংসের জন্য শিকার করা হয়;
ভীতি প্রদর্শন করা বা ভীত হওয়া;
MEANING IN ENGLISH
A brown, small bird with a short tail, which is often eaten as a food or hunted as a sport or for its flesh;
Showing or feeling fear;
Derived Form/ Related Form
quail-like - adjective
unquailing - adjective
unquailingly - adverb
Blench; blanch; droop; cringe; falter; faint; quake; flinch; shake; recoil; start; shudder; wince; tremble; have cold feet; be like a rabbit/deer caught in the headlights (idiom); afraid; scared; bottle out; bottle; fear for somebody/something; horror-struck; fearfully; intimidated; in terror of your life (idiom), panic-stricken; panic; pants; panicky; terrified; quake; terror-stricken; terror; worst; unconfident;
Face; meet; calm; steady;
Quail EXAMPLES in Sentences
- They have two quails as pets at their home.
- They eat quails’ eggs.
- Alice cooked a curry with quails’ eggs.
- Have you ever eaten quails’ eggs?
- Have you ever eaten quails’ meet?
- I have never eaten quails’ eggs.
- I have never eaten quails’ meet.
- Ann was quailing in fear.
- Jeff quailed at the sudden noise.
- Aric was trying to quail Ann with his scary talks.
- Alice quailed at her father’s angry voice.
- Elizabeth quailed before her boss’s anger.
- Why are you quailing her?
- Why are you quelling at this sound?
- Don’t quail before anyone if you are right.
- Why did you quail before her?
- There is no need to quail before her.
- Jim is very fond of quails’ eggs.
- Tom hunted four quails.
- John is very fond of quails’ meet.
- We saw various birds there such as sparrow, kite, quail, pigeon, snipe, and so on.
- Terry quailed before her mother’s anger.
- Why are you quailing in fear?
- Nelly quailed but still waited in the dark of night.