Conjunction কাকে বলে?
Conjunction একটি part of speech যা sentence এ বিভিন্ন words, phrases, বা clauses যুক্ত করতে ব্যবহৃত হয়।
The conjunction is a part of speech used to join words, phrases or clauses in a certain sentence. Such as and, or, otherwise, but, unless, since, although, etc.
- Listening to music and singing songs are my hobbies.
- The postman is poor, but he never shirks his duty.
- You must study regularly or/otherwise, you will not pass the exam.
Conjunctions এর প্রকারভেদ (Classification/Types)
There are mainly three types of conjunctions. Conjunction প্রধানতঃ তিন প্রকারের হয় ।
These are discussed below.
যে conjunction একইরকম ব্যাকরণগত কাঠামো সম্পন্ন words, phrases or clauses যুক্ত করে তাকে coordinating conjunction বলে । একে coordinator ও বলা হয় ।
The conjunction which joins words, phrases or clauses having the same grammatical structure is called coordinating conjunction. It is also called a coordinator, such as and, or, but, nor, for, yet, so, etc.
- I will buy a pen and a book. (Joining two words)
- You can find him in the library or in the classroom. (Joining two phrases)
- She is poor, yet she is happy. (Joining two clauses)
যে conjunction একটি subordinate/dependent clause কে একটি main/independent clause এর সাথে যুক্ত করে তাকে subordinating conjunction বলে ।
The conjunction which joins a subordinate/dependent clause with a main/independent clause is called subordinating conjunction. It is also called a subordinator, such as since, once, till, when, where, although, after, no matter how, while, provided that, etc.
- We went to the garden where we saw different kinds of roses.
- Although she was ill, she came to the class.
- You will get a chance to play on the team provided that you practice hard.
জোড়া শব্দ যেগুলো বিপরীতার্থক বা পরিপূরক সম্পর্কযুক্ত words, phrases বা clauses কে যুক্ত করে তাদেরকে correlative conjunction বলে।
Paired words joining words, phrases or clauses having a reciprocal or complementary relationship are called correlative conjunctions.
Whether…or, not only…but also, either…or, neither…nor, both…and, are some common correlative conjunctions.
- I will travel either by bus or by air.
- Neither you nor I will go there.
- Both red and green are my favorite colors.