Bengali Meaning of Myth
1. অতিকথা; শ্রুতি; গূঢ় অর্থপূর্ণ কাহিনী; পুরাকথা; পৌরাণিক কথা; সাধারণতঃ অতিপ্রাকৃত জিনিস নিয়ে কাহিনী; 2. একটি বহুল প্রচলিত কিন্তু মিথ্যা ধারণা বা বিশ্বাস;
MEANING IN ENGLISH
1. Exaggerated talks; audition; tales with deep meaning; mythological tales; generally, tales involving supernatural things; 2. A widely believed but false idea or belief;
Derived Form/ Related Form
countermyth - noun
Ancient tales, fictitious story; fantasy; fable; illusion; fiction; legend; imagination; parable; lore; tale; superstition; allegory; tradition; creation; apologue; fabrication; delusion; figment; fancy; saga; invention; fair story; saga; folk tale; folk ballad; tall story; mythos;
Non-fiction; fact; truth; reality; certainty;
Myth EXAMPLES in Sentences
- The drama is based on a Roman myth.
- The movie is an adaptation of a Greek myth.
- I don’t believe in this myth.
- Do you think that children will enjoy the stories about Roman and Greek myth’s god and goddesses?
- Are you trying to prove this myth wrong?
- I don’t think that this person has any existence; he is only a myth.
- This is nothing but a myth that women are worse drivers than men.
- People are enjoying the movie based on a Greek myth.
- Don’t believe in such myths, apply your intelligence.
- Jack was telling different myths about the haunted house to scare us.
- Don’t get scared listening to these myths.
- Lisa is very brave; so you can’t scare her with these myths.
- I thought people hardly had any interest in Roman and Greek myths but I was wrong.
- I am surprised that the movie based on a Greek myth has done such a huge business.
- Please stop saying these myths, give some facts and statistics.
- Are you trying to scare us by telling these myths?
- Your myths won’t work here; try somewhere else.
- Ann was scared after listening to those myths about the haunted house.